Furniture is the ornament of every home. They make our lives convenient and our homes aesthetically pleasing. But these days, more people are approaching the idea of smaller, compact, lightweight, and portable furniture. The best folding tables are easier to move around and also take up less floor space. That is why there is a growing demand in the market for portable furniture like folding tables, chairs, and beds.
If you’re looking to buy a folding table, be it for personal or official use, you may be overwhelmed by the variety of products available in the market. In most cases, people are attracted to cheaper products but that may not always be the best buy.
So in this post, we’ll guide you through some things to consider when buying a folding table, along with a list of some of the best folding tables in 2020.
- Things to Consider When Buying a Folding Table
- 6 Best Folding Tables in 2020
- Resin-Made Folding Tables
- 1. COSCO Deluxe Fold-in-Half Blow Molded Folding Table, Black
- 2. Iceberg 65491 IndestrucTable TOO 1200 Series Resin Personal Folding Table
- Wooden Folding Tables
- 3. Meco STAKMORE Straight Edge Folding Card Table Cherry Finish
- 4. Winsome Taylor Dining
- 5 .Stakmore Traditional Expanding Table
- Metallic Table
- 6. Cosco 5-Piece Folding Table and Chair Set
- Final Verdict
Things to Consider When Buying a Folding Table
Another essential factor is the build material of the table. Here, you must check the material for both the tabletop and the legs and folding mechanism. The tabletops are commonly made of plastic, resin, laminate, wood, and metal to name a few. The legs and locking system are usually made of metal, but there are many fully wooden models, where the top, as well as legs, are made out of wood.
Wooden tables are durable, look beautiful, and last for many years. But they are more expensive than other materials and prone to damage by scratching and chipping of edges.
Plastic tables have many benefits – they’re lightweight, cheaper, and easy to maintain. Their downside is that they fall short in terms of strength, compared to wood or metal.
Metallic tables provide superb strength and durability, have a decent look, and require minimum maintenance. Their prices are not necessarily too expensive either. However, they are prone to damage such as scratches and dents, and they are heavy as well.
Based on these pros and cons of each material, you must decide which one is most suitable for you.
Purpose of buying
Do you want a table for your bedroom or dining room or an office-use table? The purpose of buying the table is the first thing to influence your decision. If you need a table for your home, you may prefer unique or eye-catching designs. But for office use, a professional look is desirable.
So, you should search for products that will suit the surrounding where you are going to place it.
Size and Dimensions
Depending on how you intend to use the table, you may have various size requirements. There are dining or office tables with 5 to 8 people seating capacities, as well as smaller tables for 4 people or less. Some folding tables are fit for single person use only.
Always check the dimensions of the table carefully to make sure that the size is according to your needs.
Folding tables have a wide variety of mechanisms. For example, in some models, only the legs fold, while there are other models where the legs, as well as the top, can be folded. When browsing for the products, you need to check how the table folds and what will be its size when it’s completely folded.
It will also give you an idea of how easily you can store the table when you’re not using it.
Price and Affordability
Your budget will play a major role in deciding which product to buy. There are plenty of products with varying prices so don’t just go for the cheapest one you can find.
Take some time to check the features of each product, compare their prices, and then you can make a better decision.
Design and Looks
There’s a lot of variety in the market in terms of the design of folding tables. Square, rectangular, round, and oval tables are the most common shapes. Other designs include quarter round and curved tables, which look unique and visually appealing.
What design you like is a matter of personal preference, so go with whichever you like the most within your budget.
6 Best Folding Tables in 2020
To assist you further in your search for folding tables, we have handpicked 6 excellent products that are available for purchase online.
Resin-Made Folding Tables
1. COSCO Deluxe Fold-in-Half Blow Molded Folding Table, Black
The COSCO deluxe folding is a durable, all-season folding table that can be used in indoor as well as outdoor settings. You can use it during events and gatherings with families or for regular use at home. It has a neat finish with a smooth black texture, which makes it suitable for office use as well. Here are its key features:
- The tabletop surface of 6 feet x 30 inches, and stands 30 inches tall.
- Made of high-density resin which offers decent strength and longevity.
- While folding, the legs fit underneath and the tabletop folds into half, somewhat resembling a suitcase or trunk.
- A strap is attached for carrying the table when it’s folded.
- Weighs only 26 pounds
2. Iceberg 65491 IndestrucTable TOO 1200 Series Resin Personal Folding Table
The IndestrucTable folding table by Iceberg is a smaller sized model suited best for single person use. But you can also use it as a storage space to keep items, or as a dining table for one or two people. It will also be perfect for card games and board games with friends or family. Let’s go through its key features:
- Adjustable height mechanism
- The legs fully fold underneath the tabletop making it easy to store the table.
- Made of high-density polyethylene
- Strong enough to withstand 250 lbs. weight
- Extremely light, weighing only 10 lbs.
Wooden Folding Tables
3. Meco STAKMORE Straight Edge Folding Card Table Cherry Finish
Stakmore folding table is our first pick for wooded models. It’s simple in terms of design with a basic square shape but looks very attractive due to the wooden finish. Use it for card games or as a dining table, and it will even add to the aesthetics of your home. Here are its key features:
- Made of high-quality wood with high strength
- All four legs fold underneath the tabletop
- Weighs 40 pounds
- Shiny, cherry finish
- The surface area of 32 x 32 inches, and 29.5 inches tall
4. Winsome Taylor Dining
The Winsome Taylor folding table is a compact, sturdy, and beautiful model that will be an excellent addition to any home. It’ll work perfectly as a dining table for a small family or personal use in your bedroom or study room. Here are its key features:
- Made of premium solid wood
- It has one fixed leaf and one folding leaf. The folding leaf slides to the back of the table when not in use.
- When both leaves are extended, the tabletop surface area is 42 x 30.5 inches. When one leaf is folded, the area is 42 x 15.25 inches.
- Has a built-in storage drawer.
- When fully extended, the table stands on 6 legs.
- Dark, walnut finish.
- Legs have rubber protection.
5 .Stakmore Traditional Expanding Table
The Stakmore expanding table is truly a unique product, which easily goes from a small desk to a large dining table in a few steps. With a beautiful wooden design, it will not only be a good addition to your home but can also be used in offices. Let’s take a look at its key features.
- High-quality wooden construction
- The initial area of the table is 40 x 20 inches and can be extended to 40 x 40 inches. Two additional 40 x 16-inch leaves are also provided.
- When fully extended, the table is 6 feet long and weighs 87 lbs.
- Leaves must be stored separately
- Has a hidden fifth leg for extra support
- Smooth, Fruitwood finish
- At maximum length, the table can serve about 8 people.
- Includes two storage drawers
6. Cosco 5-Piece Folding Table and Chair Set
The final product on our list of recommended products is the 5-piece folding table and chair set from COSCO. The entire set consists of one square table with 4 chairs, all foldable and compact. It has a simple and minimalist design and will go well in both homes and offices. Here are its key features:
- Both table and chair are made of sturdy steel frames and metallic body.
- The chairs have padded seats.
- All units are foldable into flat shapes by collapsing the legs.
- A powder coat finish gives the product a shiny look.
- The square table has a surface area of 34 square inches.
- All legs have rubber pads for protection.
- The overall weight is about 41 pounds.
These are our top recommendations for folding tables, and we have handpicked each choice after ensuring that they have excellent customer reviews. We’ve included a lot of variety in terms of size, material, design, and price.
There’s no fixed verdict on which product is the absolute best buy. It will depend on your personal need, and how you intend to use the table. However, here are our favorite picks among all the products listed here.
- For larger seating capacity: Stakmore Expanding Table
- Best value for money: COSCO 5-piece table and chair set.
We hope that the points we mentioned in the buying guide and the products we have recommended will assist you in finding the best folding table.